- Spend your unused Aeroplan points on DRM-Free MP3s – It’s been a long time coming, but DRM is slowly being abandoned (at least with music).
- 3 minute video of the cool new features in Firefox 3 – The smart location bar looks handy.
- CTV/TSN snags Hockey Night in Canada Theme for $3 million – CBC was stuck between a rock and a hard place: Either outbid CTV and hear cries of outrage about a public broadcaster wasting taxpayers’ money; or let it go and hear cries of outrage about losing our “National” Anthem. The nation-wide contest to replace the tune is a good idea.
- “Green” Fund to Bail out GM Truck Plant – GM has been struggling for years because they pumped money into SUVs and heavy trucks while Toyota and Honda went after fuel efficient cars and hybrids. And we’re going to bail them out, why?
- Green Your Campbell Cash – I still haven’t decided what to do with my $100 rebate, but there are lots of good ideas here. My top choice so far is a cargo-bike co-op
- High gas prices are causing overcrowding on Vancouver transit – You’d think this would be a golden opportunity for a “green” government trying to fulfil its CO2 reduction targets. People are clamouring to get on buses. But instead of investing in public transit capacity, our government is spending billions on a highway expansion project.
- Forget SkyTrain, Build Trams – “For the $2.8 billion cost of the single 12 kilometre SkyTrain tube from Commercial Drive to UBC, Vancouver could build 175 km of tram lines crisscrossing the city and beyond.”