Considering I had forgotten what my goals were last year were, I didn’t do that badly.
- Exercise twice a week.
Failed: I did really well until February, and then I fell off the wagon.
- Once a week, try out a new recipe from one of my cookbooks.
Failed: This was a bit ambitious. I think I averaged one new recipe a month.
- Run a half Marathon.
Accomplished: I ran the Scotiabank Half Marathon in June in 1:33:06
- Make it down a blue run at Cypress without falling.
Accomplished: January 7 at Cypress.
- Convince some friends to do the Polar Bear Swim 2008 with me and get costumes.
Accomplished: We didn’t have costumes, but Dan and Rhea joined me this year.
- Join a work sports team this summer.
Accomplished: I played on the Ultimate Frisbee team in the summer and fall leagues.
- Help Emily find an amazing job in Vancouver.
Accomplished: I didn’t really do anything, but Emily did find an amazing job at Ecotrust.
- Organize a monthly poker/boardgame night.
Failed: We only had one official boardgame night, but we did have a few parties where we played boardgames.
- Go camping 4 times.
Partial: We camped on Vancouver Island and the Sunshine Coast, and tried to camp in the Interior but couldn’t find a site.
- Do the Grouse Grind.
Accomplished: I finally conquered Grouse.
- Take a foreign trip (in addition to Mexico in February).
Accomplished: I guess New York counts.
- Ride the Skytrain through every stop.
Failed: Not even close, but I did ride the SkyTrain down into Surrey.
- Buy carbon offsets for all my flights this year.
Partial: I realized carbon offsets are stupid.